Tuesday, January 28, 2003

hmm, i could tell a number of embarassing stories but i will only tell one. But first i should finish up on that last post so u know what my point was. um and hopefully i wont get booted again (free internet, time limit)

so anyway they have weird Rs and Hs right? so im listening to marcelo (from brazil) all night cuz he talks a lot (but i like that) and were talking about the Hed HRot chili peppers, and t he HRard Hock cafe and i just found it hilarious he understood he makes fun of portuguese men for sounding stupid, they joke with him everytime he asks them things because he sounds funny the world sounds funny. Besides im american i sound stupid and lazy. So anyway that would have been better had i wrote it 2 days ago like i planned and on to the next

COOKING ADVENTURES WITH MIKE

so we had a kitchen. A stove, an oven hell we even had a fridge. Wonderful i though as i walked through the gocery store, I can make any of this. I already had my staple food, bread, and i saw some eggs. And i decided grench toast would be a good endeaver (spelling?) then i walked past the frozen food section, and figured fries for 85 cents is better then 2 bucks at a stand. so they went in the cart as well. And that was all i could afford having already spent my other 2 alotted dollars on transportation.

So I got back to the pension. Washed some dishes cuz im a crazy germ freak. Cracked some eggs into a cup and whisked with a fork. Attempted to light the stove, nothing heppened. Tried again with the gas a little higher, nothing, once again BAM nearly took of my hand. Anyway i cut some bread and poured what i thought was a veggie oil(it was yellowish, had veggies on the front) into a less than nonstick pan. poured some egg stuff onto the bread and bam right into the pan. a few minutes later there was smoke and a horrible smell and blackness everywhere and that was that. I ate the bread alone and put the eggs back into the fridge.

A little while later I decided the fries might work better. So more yellow stuff, lots of yellow stuff to get that pan soaked in "OIL" and then some frozen fries a mile high.

And then it hit me, the smell was not of veggie oil and frying chips bu some sort of OH MY GOD ITS VINAGER(spelling?)" and not just normal vinegar but that european wine vino shite that smells horrible, the kind u put on salad hence the veggies.

I thought about throwing it then but decided if the english can do it, i can, and continued to cook. Then about 10 mins later when i couldnt even stand in the kitchen cuz it smelled so bad i threw the contents in a plastic bag, did the dishes one more time and had a meal of fruit.

Hours later Walter a very cool nice south african guy asked if i had been cooking.
The next day he showed me where the real veggie oil and salt and stuff was.

Then i had some scrumptous food. Walter was constantly asking me if i wanted some food. He woke me up this morning and offered me corn flakes. He apparently told his girlfriend last night that he was worried about me. This is a guy i have known for 2 days. Hes really cool though i kind of wish i could stay in lisbon for a few more days and hang out with him, but i have a bus to catch. SADDD like steph L who i havena seen in a while.

hmm the other major story i could tell is a bit too um shameful so i wont go there. But lets just say my new clean jeans that i just put on yesterday and have to wear for the next three weeks till i get home, were only clean for about 3 hours.

hmm james (my brother) will be here (err madrid) in a few days.

I have been having hundreds of strange dreams lately. In one I got in a car accident while it was snowing and i was switching seats from the passenger to the driver seat, with my mom talking to me in the back seat.

in another i had sex with a prostitute who told me after we had finished, that i should follow her or something and then she walked into an HIV clinic where they were having group therapy and we all sat down and talked about what we should do now that we were hiv positive.

Those were the scary ones.

Today I went to 2 major art musuems in lisbon (cuz they were free) neither were that great, but my book said they took a couple hours each so i planned my day on that and they only took 2 hours combined, so now i got hours to kill and im hungry. that is all i think its like confessional in here

No comments: