Wednesday, January 15, 2003

En shallah this will work or something it means godwilling and i didnt spell that right im sure.

So im in morocco, how bout u? also the space button doesntwork very well and im too lazy to check,plus these are french keyboards

ok so, thanks for writing emailsin the past few days i probably wont be able to write back till like the 19th sorry. Anywho, im in morocco ive gotten ripped off twice. I bought myself a jilaba (spelling?) for my birthday, whic is like the traditional winter wear. Um i have seen lotsof shit, tonight some cats at my hostel who i hungout with today are going to eat camel meat, im pretty grossed out by that. Uh what else can tell ya. I really like the liverpool accent, think the beatles. Uh i got one more moroccan cityleft the infamous casablanca and then i go back to spain, probably sevilla even though i am ahead of schedule.

Nothin really to say i guess, 29 days i think. im 19 today... that seems old to me, even though several of my friends have been 19 for ages. i have funky hair. mint tea is really nice with a lot of sugar. Its cold here. The water from the showers this morning hung above us like smoke in a pub. it swirled and was so thick u could cut it in half and serve it like cake on a silver platter, got something to do with the altitude something to do with the temp. It was too cold for me to shower, cant get hypothermia with a month left.

I have pretty much given in to germs here cuz its impossible not to get them. the food is measured in handfulls, and the money (which can only be passed with the right hand) is filthy. A good portion of the people dont use tp and things like meat sit outin the sun all day.

The weird thing is that moroccois not really that poor. its like the playground of europe and lots of money goes into stuff, yet somehow the cost of living is still way low. Like internet costs a penny a min. bread costs 15 cents a loaf. Yesterday i got 2 big donuts and a bag full ofpopcorn for 30 cents.It wasgood too cuz i aint had good warm dessert food in a while.

Hmmm My popsgave me about 150 for x mas and my b day i think, and i think my entire morocco trip will be paid for by it. 3 cities lots oftransportation, tour guides, food. Also i bought a disposable camera but im shite at photography and its a shit cameraso nothing will turn out good, but thats ok.

I wish i could say more but it would be al outof context unless i sat here and typedfor an hour and i cannae do that. (cannae would be like scottish northern english, canna would be more southern english city talk, but its real subtle and would flow together with the next word so uwouldnt pick it up if u werent studying like i do)

hmmm thats it fuck saying more peace and love itsallgood taff

No comments: