Sunday, February 14, 2010

Trading Cars



So I feel really weird about this... but I guess its a really nice deal. You see... I have had this Black 97 Toyota Corolla since I was 16 (not actually pictured). You see something similar above only mine is dented and beat up like a 13 year old car should be. My car and I went through a lot together. I even started calling it "the confessional" in my head because of all the intense conversations I have had in that car.
It has taken me across the country, got me through college, seen me with all three girl friends and generally I just really learned to love it. I have eaten in the car, slept in the car, kissed in the car, sang and cried in the car.
Anyway... its just a car.

It is also pretty beat up. Numerous small accidents, the trunk doesn't open, the cd player doesn't work properly, the starter is acting up, the tires are never properly inflated, the sound goes on and off, the volume knob is missing, the key sometimes doesn't work, the car is a screecher and generally its getting kind of old.

That being said, my mom mentioned a few months ago that she was planning on giving me her car when she got a new one... she said in the next year or two. So a few days ago she calls me and says she got a new car. Which means I get


.
The 2001 Toyota Avalon that my Grandma got a long time ago and gave to my mom when she couldn't drive anymore.
Its pretty luxurious.
Its pretty yuppie.
It feels kind of weird...
Its super big, actually has a working cd player, has multiple screens and fancy buttons I don't know what to do with. It has a door locker beepy thing. Its got features I don't know what to do with... its got nice seating and did I mention its huge?
I'm pretty sure it even has heated seats...

I pulled up into the Burger King Drive thru window and felt really fucking weird.
I know I am making a big deal out of nothing... but my students give me shit for growing up in St. Louis Park because they think its the suburbs.
I could never afford this car without it being a gift.

anyway... I worry I am going to crash it, or get car jacked or something.
Its way too nice, but along with my hair cut and other new accessories I guess I am supposed to pretend to be a middle class adult now.

2 comments:

Dario Bilic said...

I was just going through random blogs and started reading yours. Good luck with the new car.

Yumi Lover said...

That means you're driving to the next movie mister!!