Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mike being an idiot:


I don't really have any time right now. I'm barely getting my work done, I never see my family, and I have seen some of my best friends only a few times in the last few months. I do hang out with Becky a lot, and we sort of comfort each other, but its very clearly going nowhere "further".... meaning she will not be in a relationship other than friendship with me.
We have been through that, its not something she sees working.
Thats hard for me to understand, but its very easy to see that that is the way she views it.

I don't know where to meet people since school is basically done. I see a lot of people at the highschool, and it seems like a lot of them are married or in relationships. The other guy my age in my department is constantly given crap/help from the rest of the staff for not finding anyone.

I'm just having one of those days/weeks where it seems like you wont ever find anyone.... fucking valentines day...
makes me think of far too many possibilities, and far too many happy past experiences and nothing to look forward to.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Krystin said I should talk about caucuses, since I made her do it.

we had about 175 people vote, a small room, full of white people -which weirded me out. I got two resolutions passed. they voted obama overwhelmingly... I dont know who i support yet.
it was really fun, im a delegate to the next round... march 8th for us. I really need to go on from there though because that way I can help my brother.

Speaking of that.
It was my brother's birthday two days ago...he is now 26 (im 23 months younger)... we were sitting at dinner, with his girlfriend who everyone loves... shes gonna be a lawyer... the two other people were both campaign workers... one worked for keith ellison, the other amy klobuchar... I was sitting next to three major manager types for major players in the democrats... (franken being an up and coming) it was weird to see how nerdy and normal they all were... no egos... because they dedicate their lives to someone else... but if the person you hang out with every day... your boss, not your boss's boss... but you know what i mean... someone you give advice to is on the news everyday.... thats gotta be interesting... and i had three of them next to me... and they were not more fascinating than the average bear. (good people, just not crazy)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

School....
Im grading tests and quizzes and review packets... they are all fairly substantial parts of the grade.... Im not sure what I need to be doing to make it easier on these kids... they are struggling though. I cant imagine what it must be like to be in a school where the students dont even have text books... i mean not reading them is one thing, not having them is another.

*************************************************************************************

Im a be ok...

I had a dream last night in which i was at a train station in germany, with money in my pocket and nothing to do for 2.5 months... i had no plan. I asked how much to amsterdam? Copenhagen? I was surprised how clear the map of europe came through in my head, I wanted to go north, then east, to the places I hadn't been... and it seemed simple enough, a day or two of planning and I was off.

but these are the dreams I have when I'm disappointed.

###################################################################


I didnt make it to morris this weekend, part of it was because I was scared of bad weather, part because I was scared of being exhausted. Part was because I was lazy.

I missed the play, I missed things I should have been there for, and miss people.

I got to celebrate with my brother instead... that was at least nice.

No comments: