Sunday, November 04, 2007

well past the point of needing to post.

What to say?

I had a pretty enjoyable weekend, celebrated some birthdays and saw some friends, but realized halfway through that i hadnt brought home the things i needed to do all of my homework.... now im back at school and i must've left em at the high school cuz they aint here.

bought the serj tankian cd.... fairly good...
watched some movies: 28 weeks later, day watch, a mighty heart... definitely enjoyed day watch the most...

last friday I taught all day... heres a run down:

I went to bed at about 10:00 the night before (the earliest i have gone to bed all year i think...) but woke up at 2 AM and then struggled with sleep the rest of the night... till 7 AM... when i dragged my ass out of bed and in to the shower... did the normal things..
left for the high school around 8:30, went to the media center area to get a projector -for my power point.
it worked...
first hour starts around 9:15...
The regular teacher had a ton of announcements so I really only got about 30 minutes with the students... but that was ok.
I had them take a pre test, gave a lecture with a lot of "hey guys give me some ideas on what you think this is..." type stuff, and then a post test... most of the kids got anywhere from 1-2 questions better... on average... but actually many kids got 4-7 more correct, and others got 0 or (had a few negatives) but some of those 0's were because the kids already knew most of the answers... so its a little hard to evaluate how much learning there actually was... but in general they did better. they even used some of my nmemonic devices.
that was 2,4,6 hours.... 3 and 7th are 9th grade civics, and we played the current events challenge with them, which i have gotten used to doing... its basically like a group challenge... they pick a category and a number and then try to answer the question...
inbetween 4th and 6th hours i had to run to campus to attend my own 12:00 class... which i showed up late for and left early from... so that was fun... and then...
after all 5 classes and my own class, i packed everything up (too quickly i guess) and ran home to get a few more items... then drove home. (3 hours to st paul)... dropped in at Illy's hung with morgan and illy and emily, then we all went and spent too much at Aimee's new work... they drank, and i sober cabbed... some more cats showed up... it was a good time for me... then uh... we left and i got a movie i think... something like that.


i dont really have anything to say. that was friday...
you enjoy yourself.

No comments: