Friday, November 18, 2011

Gonna go see twilight with high school friends. 

A student was describing his life and family situation today and I teared up or wanted to. I forget sometimes the ridiculous things they go through, the abuse, neglect and shame. 

Its hard to recognize just how different our lives can be...

Sometimes its easier to believe they are lying, after all they lie all the time, whats to distinguish this statement from the next? Never knowing whats true, you tend to take everything with skepticism... but some stories come too easily, and are too awful  to make up... or sometimes like with another student today, its cuz they don't want to say a damn thing about it with you but certain words cause tears to roll down their cheeks... and they look at you through those wet eyes like you're not saying anything but also like they can't wait for you to shut the fuck up.

Something changed yesterday, mid day I suddenly realized I wasn't as crabby as I had been.   I don't know what the difference was... maybe just not sick anymore, or maybe the sun came out or something... but it felt so much better. I was making jokes and doing voices and making faces and had energy. 




Got a leadership meeting for spirit of truth tomorrow. 


There was this girl at Grumpy's last night who I saw as I was walking in.   Some older drunk guys were hitting on her, or knew her or something... but I was like "whoa that girl is cute" in my head...  
Its so weird how we have such different reactions to people.
Some days I think everyone is beautiful, some days I can't stop looking at pictures of my friends, some days I just don't find people attractive, but its weird how some people just cut through it. 
I especially think its interesting when the people we find attractive aren't necessarily the ones that everyone else stops for. Like we catch the shine of  that person's eyes or hair or cheeks or smile or spirit... and we can't not see it, even though they walk through the world not being recognized.

Funny enough I think that is one of the funny things about Twilight that draws people in... the main character is seen as attractive but not like the center of the universe... then enter vampire and (almost obsessively) he is stuck on her. 
well since that is full circle... im gonna run

No comments: