Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tired Thoughts



I really love both versions of this song (this is the new one).  
I also think Aby Wolf adds a lot to Dessa's songs, normally her voice is obviously the most trained and ranged of the two (example: where as Dessa has a hard time switching keys, Aby does it easily).  
Except at the show yesterday I thought Dessa actually out sang Aby in all but like 2 songs. 
It made me wonder though why Aby Wolf is basically a backup singer now when she used to be a solo artist. I don't know a whole lot of her work, so maybe she has a hard time writing songs...?


I'm back to thinking about attraction a lot lately. I think our lives have become a movie lately, all chasing after someone else... and it makes me wonder why its so easy to be attracted to those you don't have a chance with... like shouldn't there be an automatic off-switch when its not gonna happen? So strange that our everything can crave someone who can so easily brush us off, and we talk ourselves in circles, like I talk myself into thinking girls at the coffee shop are attractive when I know nothing about them to like... and mostly its just a hope that someday some connection could come easily.
Illy pointing out a girl at the bar for us to approach... like my mother pointing out girls at church to approach... like my mind pointing out girls to approach, all of this is pretty much fantasy right?

The funny thing is even when we are pursued by others, we still believe we are unlovable. As if the skin blemishes, body hair, sweat, curves, quirks or mistakes we have made matter to attraction. 

Attraction - God's blessing and cruel gift, arouses you from your sure senses, creates flare and drama, flush cheeks, and unsought tingles   -our own peacock feathers and red bottoms... the things we can't stone face our way through, the things that keep us up at night and kidnap our thoughts to turn them tangled.

Yet when matched, suitably or not, when reciprocal    -poets musing.

When not angst words, scoffed at more from fear of being empathetic to the known torment, than pity or outright dismissal.

But how is a logical thought swept aside so easily?    How many times have we told ourselves "no" before falling again?

So at the show last night I thought how funny it is that a thousand people think they have this emotional connection with this woman who doesn't know them. Think they have some claim over this relationship, think they have some right to it. Been there, know it... but still its interesting to watch people swept up... and music has that ability more than most things right? 

But who am I to tell you to come down

No comments: