Monday, August 22, 2011

Of the million things I plan

Today was the first day back at work. Technically I started year 4 this summer, but I guess this is the official school year. We spend this week preparing all the little things and the little ones come next week.
Right now we have about 3/5s of the students we need by Oct (or budget cuts=staff cuts).
We have new staff, they are adjusting but of course it is all too much. They seem to be taking it in stride, but something tells me they will need a little more one to one training later.

Its nice to get back to doing things, being productive. We accomplished all of our goals for the day... as a team we are working well... but I guess it doesn't really matter until we see results with the students.

I saw two of my future roommates tonight which was nice along with a handful of Morris folks, but its weird to be surrounded by cats who also know, or know of a certain singer, but don't really understand that it breaks your heart to not be able to say hi.

I'm so emo...
Brendan B come shoot me... I'm the wrong kind of emo.
and now I'm reliving high school conversations...

anyway the point of this post was supposed to be about plans. 
I have plans, goals, responsibilities and more.... and I am excited even though I don't like to say it.

I am excited to move to a new place, have a new year, take on new roles, comfortable with old things...
I am also full of doubt and the amount of candy I have been eating lately (despite trying to quit)  shows it well...

I am worried that I don't show the right amount of excitement towards the right things and the right people...
and it angers me to think about those choices I made in the past that lost me some friends,  so its hard to know how to move forward.

I don't actually know any of your birthdays...
Jess, Gabi, Nona     I'd skip em all without a thought... but it doesn't mean I don't think about you.

No comments: