Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Year (and I am angsty and listening to Nirvana)



New song by the Flobots. I didn't know they had a new album out... might need to pick that up.
 I like the message. To wage peace at any cost... to be adamant about it.


New Years
Hmmm, what does it mean?
I said to Lacey tonight that 2010 was a long year... I guess I meant that a lot had changed and a lot had settled.  People are lighting fireworks off on my street.  What are some of these things... well unfortunately some of them don't feel like things I should talk about or dwell on.  
I mean simple enough several friends left town, to other cities, to other countries.  Some for a short time, others for a distance. More than that, people settled into their new lives... It was interesting to hang with some of the cats who came back,  Hollie, Melissa, Kelsey, Zach  they have new lives and relationships that seem to be headed places.   
Pete didn't come home for that very reason. Gabi and I will get together soon. I didn't see Ryan but Sarah confided to me that they were well on their way to their new life. 
Morris cats at the party seemed in new places. Some of the adventure is gone, some new ones starting. Grad school for some cats, late nights writing novels for others, new jobs, more security maybe.
What about closer to home. Who was I excited by a year ago? How about now?

What were the real things I cared about this year?  performances and trips stand out for personal reasons... me facing the world again, feeling like me, but who wants to face the world alone? So no... none of those were really my favorite times. 


No comments: