Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hello my lovelies I am sorry to ignore you I have been student teaching... it takes up all of my time... and well.... its a full time job without pay.

I will try to keep you updated on my progress in school without being too boring... but you must be patient because i spend all my day thinking of teaching so of course I am gonna be blogging about it... and some will just be rants.
I will try to post some of my journaling stuff (an example of which may be coming up) but I dont want to leave too big of a paper trail in case somebody sees this, so I wont say a whole lot about the specific people I am working with or anything.
What I can say is...

* It was my birthday, so I'm now 24 an old man who feels quite young and inexperienced even though I recently found out that several of my colleagues are only a few years older... (i feel very new around them).

*um I have been getting on average about 6 hours of sleep a night because I have to wake up at
5:30 (6 would be ok, but then i cant stop anywhere for food -meaning no breakfast and no lunch...and no way to keep the energy up) but maybe when i start grocery shopping i can sleep in a few more minutes.

* UH i am broke... i will soon be cashing some bonds and paying for some shit... but currently im at like 500 credit card debt...

* I will soon be teaching 2 world history classes and 1 econ class. I am not too worried about the history except that it is a lot of planning to do it well... and the econ... well I suck at econ... when my cooperating teacher gives a lecture I listen along at the same level as the students because i just dont understand math... so maybe I will be recruiting some help. But I will only have to teach like 3 chapters of econ, and fill in on a few sections of other chapters... where as in history i think I will end up covering about 10-15 chapters...
^ 3-4 weeks full time teaching all three 85 minute classes.
^ most of it will have to be before spring break which is in late mid-late march.
^ along with at school work, I have to journal/reflect twice a week, video tape and reflect on a few lessons, do an analysis of student learning for a unit, do a few technology lessons -incorporating technology, write out lessons plans (they take 10-30 minutes) for every lesson I teach, write out a unit plan (probably 4-6 hours to do it well), keep ahead of the class in every way by probably a day or two, put together a portfolio for my own use, and some other shit.
^ I am expected to maintain normal teacher hours 7:15-2:55 plus meetings for 11 weeks without pay, and pay for 10 credits worth of tuition as well as fees for placement and criminal background checks. Plus normal supplies.
^ the drive is about 35 minutes each way, it is fucking cold.

HMMMM

This weekend I hope to:
-watch a few movies
-hang with a few friends
-read all of my econ stuff -so that I am well aware of what is going to happen.
-start developing a plan for my first few units greece, rome, india that I will be teaching in two and a half weeks... to the point where I can write up lesson plans by sometime next week.
-clean my room
-organize all my stuff
-celebrate christmas with my dad.
-start a research list for econ stuff.
-finalize a basic plan for the curriculum for next term in history
-sleep!!!!!
-probably procrastinate and not do any of this.

No comments: