Tuesday, December 19, 2006

a note from my brother james:
Friends,

I wanted to let you know about my new job.

Today from 6-9 was my first shift. I got there a bit early to get my uniform on, and met the boss and the new owner. I'm working at the new Sheraton Hotel in Minneapolis.

My job?

I am Randy the Raccoon! I got a big suit, a big fake head, and fake hands and feet (only 4 fingers on the hands). I am not allowed to talk or take my head off in front of people. Mostly I shake hands, give hugs, and take pictures. The highlight of today was when the German guy and I danced for a second.

Ok, so it was a one time gig (although they did ask if they could call me next time, which of course I said yes to), but it did happen and it was amazing.

Here is what I learned:

1. THose suits are ridiculously hot, my entire body was sweaty and gross by the end.
2. Drunk girls who are missing teeth LOVE Randy the Raccoon
3. I don't know about when, but long term, college is probly worth doing.
4. White male bosses should not make fun of the accents and english speaking ability of Latina room cleaners.

Much love,

J

No comments: