Friday, December 01, 2006

Dreams are fun


Here’s a break up song by John Frusciante "far away"

"I cant disguise the things I do,
and things I say have a way of hurting you
I'm over there
These dreams are all I have left
I've nothing to spare
I cant pretend to be who I'm not
and there are things you need from me
I haven’t got
no way but to end
pick up the pieces of our lives
and maybe love again
there's only one way for things to be
between you and me"

Anyway I’m not so sure what he means by "there’s only one way"
In my dreams I hang out with all three of my ex girlfriends despite the fact that two of them wont talk to me. It seems natural and normal and exciting as it had been, no wonder I love dreaming so much. I wish I could have offered more to them, and in my dreams I can. Meeting up for rendezvous’ discussed or promised years ago, like a homecoming, like a return to your mamma’s belly.

I always felt a strong connection to some of slug’s lyrics on Lucy Ford, “to Ann Landers, to Ani Difranco to orphan Annie, I love all women, but most of em just cant stand me.”
I remember thinking at 4 years old that I would never get to connect with all of them, and it hurt. it was the preschool where I met my best friend, and several others, two of them were beautiful girls, inspiring, exciting. My mom thinks I should marry one of them (probably still to this day) I always thought she was Pete’s girl by geographical location (they were neighbors).
More and more I feel disconnected from the possibility of meeting all those women, more and more likely to feel like friends, to make a weak acquaintance, more detached from those who I have loved as a friend or more. More incline to believe that despite my ability to seemingly randomly meet the most beautiful women in the world, and for them to like me some how, I will screw it up eventually, or they or I will awaken to the reality that things aren’t working… but not in my dreams… no, in my good dreams things are always the way its supposed to be.

No comments: