Monday, September 25, 2006

rroma, bush, 9/11, speech, complaints and more!!!!!

So last night, probably too late, and while I was supposed to be doing some work for classes (which i skipped today)... I suddenly realized I could be listening to great rroma music (gypsy) online using youtube... and it was awesome... unfortunately I didnt know what to look up. I started with random searches and found a grup called koshka (i think) which played a really beautiful song on violin and guitar, and then started looking up other random things. My problem is, other then a band whos name i can never remember that Lex introduced me to, I cant find anything that is exactly what im looking for (style wise). I found this website that talked about the different styles associated with each region and country. Like the gipsy kings are are the sort of pop spanich flamenco style, Django is the french jazz. this guy Saban Bajramovic (that I have) is the heavy brass influenced stuff. I have lots of different options, but none of it is the rock sounding stuff i want. Part of me wonders if maybe the sound is changed when it is recorded, maybe the artists dont actually want that distortion and what not and its just the off feed from the fact they are playing such fact highly energetic music (often a signature).
The website also debated whether there was a Roma style, if Roma sound distinctly different from others, In the recordings that I knew were by Rroma people I always hear a sound that sounds different, but they talked about how heavily influenced the groups are by their home region and this is also very obvious... i.e. the difference between flamenco and samba vs jazz, or bulgarian wedding music.
I even have a couple of compilations that have varieties on them and they are good, but nothing exact...
I wish I could find that band I saw in Slovenia and make them play for me every night... I hear the influences of these other pieces in their work, but they were decidely unique so far...

Bush is an idiot.... More and more Im sick of reading this shit, not that i stop. But i dont understand why this man, this cabinet is allowed to continue to rule, and i dont understand how people didnt stop him in the first place.
hey clinton for that matter is an idiot, but at least he tried. There is all this controversy all of a sudden because he stood up to some asshole fox news journalist when the guy asked him a biased question. Now it wasnt that the journalist shouldnt ask, its that people shouldnt be upset when Clinton stands up for himself.

9/11 I been watching a lot of the 9/11 conspiracy stuff and its really awful to look at. Im not sure to what extent its believable but most of it is really just pointing out problems in the official story and asking for evidence... and that seems legit... its hard not to wonder when these things come up. And I wonder if in 50 years it will just be released, like it was with past events that we have been swindled and brought in to war for nothing... oh and we were brought in to war for nothing... as the latest info shows that (like most of us have been saying) we are less safe now that the iraq war has happened, there are more people who sympathise or are part of the "terrorist movements" and overall (like we been saying) the whole thing was stupid and is now a big mess. meanwhile they are now announcing they will hold troops there longer, and call up more... meanwhile also the leader of afghanistan is condemning the iraw war efforts as being wasted money that could have stabilized his country but instead it is now being retaken by the taliban...

um im behind... in a sense on my work for my speech tomorrow at 2:00. I have a lot of drawing to do... but if i dont get that done, at least i have printed out "paint" versions off the comp. Im not behind in my classes but i can see how i will be rather soon if i dont start working... i have a paper due fri... a test and a paper due at the beginning of next week.... a couple of research papers i havent even started.... overall... its bueno.

um i had complaints... i think.... um maybe i got them out.... back to homework!
maybe go home this weekend or next.

No comments: