Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Updates….

Paris and Alexis
Krystin went home on the third, Lex left the same day from Minneapolis, stopping by to meet my pops, and grab some stuff and then meeting me on the 4th.
Which meant I had a day alone in Paris, which was good for me, Me thinks, cuz I needed the taste of alone time. My hostel was in Montmarte which is where I wrote that poem, about the little town on a hill. Its just a neighborhood really but steeped in tradition of bohemia, capped with a beautiful church. Small cafes too expensive to eat at, and little art and tourist galleries. The square near the church is full of artists, painting the neighborhood, caricatures, portraits, and random beautiful things, and on down the hill is the infamous Moulin Rouge, one of a couple cabaret places, nuzzled amongst many strip clubs and sex stores.
Its hard to describe the street, its kind of a silly creation, and amongst all the sex is a grocery store in which I got supplies for the night.
That hostel was supposed to have free internet, but like everything in France it’s a little slow, and sometimes a little French, (thus why im typing this on word and not the actual blogger space, French internet…)
Anyway I spent the night racing amongst conversations and returning to my room when things settled to write and review life.
There was a good crowd at the hostel and it was fun to talk… me and krystin had been in a shitty little hotel room for a few days and hadn’t met anyone since Vienna.
Anywho… it was a good night, full of energy and awkward drunken conversation and some silly Canadians from BC.
The next day I woke to go to the hotel Lex had booked (a bit in the suburbs like, but a nice neighborhood friendly people.)
She showed up a bit later than I expected, actually I had went for a walk to find her, and found her a bit weary from traveling so, we took a nap.

Anyway it was good to connect again,
Very very good.

That night we went for a walk along the river and took pics with lions and such.
Talked to some crazy new jersey people, a sad couple who we hope will break up, but seemed nice enough until the yelling began.

Im gonna start skipping things.
We took a night train to munich, spent a few days walking around in the snow, checked out an art gallery, took a train to berlin
Lot of talking, laughing smiling, closeness,
The trip was great for that.
In berlin we stayed at a cooler little hostel and talked to the manager bout bob Dylan
Checked out some sites and she had her interview.
We decided to stay an extra night, and then had to rush back to paris, on consecutive trains.
Our last train was booked full, and we spent a night half sleeping, but I got to hear some nice songs and stories.
Anyway it was not fun leaving… or having her leaving. The morning was kind of hell, and then I spent the day on a train hoping to see illy.
Finished my book…


Aix en province

I spent like 4-5 hours waiting for illy at the door of her place, after a while a nice swiss girl, (who later turns out to be a bit of story teller) helped me out, got to check my e mail to find that Illy was in Marseille this weekend visiting her family.
It wasn’t like frustrating to hear that, more disappointing. I guess I was looking for some comfort, and found out I wouldn’t get it for a few days.
Me and the swiss girl checked out a couple of spots (a hotel etc) to see a bout a place for me until Illy got back, and that’s why I went to the shitty HI hostel.


I felt so bad that whole day and the next, feeling like I just couldn’t enjoy myself, and I was so awful (in my head) to people, everyone was being nice and helpful and I was depressed and anxious and crabby.

I started worrying about traveling alone, and it made me think pretty fondly of the thought of having my travel companion back.

Anyway, the day after I got kicked out of the hostel for a few hours while they cleaned (this is a rant in itself) and didn’t know what to do, the weather was too cold to be outside the whole time, and it was Sunday so a lot of stuff was closed.
I went around looking for food, books, music, anything to distract, eventually I decided I would see a movie.
So I found out which theater has english movies, and went to see the secret of brokeback mountain, which is good, but I think I was hoping for more. Sad though..
After that I went back and spent the night, running around unable to write or draw and just listening to music…. Out of boredom
went to bed around 12 though, because after a while my drunken roommate stared demanding attention.
Interesting guy, got 2 kids, is a bus driver… got kicked out of the hostel the next day and told to leave Aix.
He gave me a coke, which he later spilled on one of our roommates bags, and I got blamed the next morning…
Anyway..

Illy

For some reason I always worry I wont recognize my friends when I haven’t seen them in a long time. When I met Illy in Marseille a few years ago, I remember having those exact fears, and then when I saw her she looked like a French version of herself, all decked out in fashionable denim.
This time the moment I saw her I was just like “na things are smooth” and they have been.
We had a marvelous conversation rushing to catch up last night, and if I were in a more poetic or philosophic mood I would elaborate, but it was good.
I have met some of her pals, they seem like good people, im sort of glad things are all working out, but boy did she take down the wine yesterday. And we stumbled home (me just cuz im awkward and her because she was trashed) from her friends place where they had good music, and I lost three euros in poker.

Im not sure what to say.
Life seems smooth again, and I need to start getting on top of shit or im gonna fail my 4 credit class, fuck up and be late to see krystin and screw up all the good things. But its aight, cuz its tueday, not Wednesday so its not business time yet.
Looking forward to having internet (if it works).. I like chatting it up with cats.
Feels like im missing something

No comments: