Thursday, July 21, 2005

so i wanted to write a series of poems about these incidents that have happened to me, and this is the first one. its not perfect and i think i forgot a couple lines (i tend to write shit in my head and then try to remember it on paper)

but uh we shall see if these other ones actually get written
topics included my name (hajjar) one specific customs agent's lecture to me, sort of the topic in general of being held at an airport and some other stuff i dont remember

but this is the basis of them all

"Customs

Customs agents have stopped me at the border three times

Me thinks its not by coincidence,
So lets describe these incidents…

Coming home to America
I wanted to kiss the soil
Hug and hold my family
Even pledge to be loyal
So sure this was the place for me
Surrounded by my loves
The moment I grabbed my bag off the machine
The customs agents grabbed their gloves

At Canada’s crossing been there many times
These last few have been the worst
But not the foreign side,
No but the home base of course
The “lines” I crossed led us to be held
The car held three children of American mothers
And I the last
to show my pass
accomplices became the others.

He looks like a drug addict a smuggler
Clearly a terrorist undercover
A tired skinny dirty traitor
A flag burning homeland freedom hater

We don’t know that he’s not in disguise
And when we ask we don’t believe his lies
“Where did you train? What drugs have you sold?”
“what is this Arabic!!? in your passport folds?
We want your secrets now that your caught in our net
you ask about profiling, well we can give you this helpful pamphlet.

They know not what they’re searching for
Yet they demand a guilty plea
Soul searching and withholding my anger
I am finally allowed to go free

once at the airport, neighbor’s borders twice
To be identified and denied my rights by little mice
Rodents all whom are taking orders from the top man
Who’s signs away security with a stroke of his bloody hands
Across the nation he initials
G W B
And this elected federal official
Signs away my liberty"

No comments: