Sunday, March 09, 2003

I took my little brother down in a quick brotherly fight today. (I suppose this "brotherly fight" thing is something I totally take for granted having 2 tougher than I brothers. but that can be a different post)

No real reason why I did it, he was talking shit to me and my older brother which he usually does, but all of a sudden it was time, and so I did. Now I have never lost a fight to Steve but we also haven't fought in years and he has grown a good amount. So although I usually claim I can still take him down, I was actually quite surprised. As im sure all of you are if you have ever seen the two of us.

Now im not bragging here I wanted to say this for the peculiar pride adjustments I saw afterwards. Also I'd like to state that Steve was at a slight handicap since he worked out really hard last night and was pretty sore today, I knew this going into the fight and took full advantage of it. Also my fighting style tends to be (if I have one) just keep the guy unable to hurt you, which means the kind of holds and such that keep a person disabled. So not like we were hurting each other or anything. Also he gave up much quicker than I thought he would and if he would have continued for say another 5 mins I would have been out of whatever strength I have.

And now for the pride__ immediately after the fight (which took place in front of several family members, Steve's favorite shit talking time) I could tell his pride was a hurtin. He didn't want help getting up from anyone, and he didn't even want to really get a ride home (to my moms house) from me, but I wasn't like rubbing it in or anything so he did come with me, and then he didn't talk. Not that we always talk or anything but he will usually say something, but not a word this time. Now this may not be because of the little fight we had, but it seemed kind of weird.
And now me, now I was trying to fight it off, but I don't know if that worked a whole lot cuz I really don't think of myself as a physical person and I wasn't really expecting to win that fight, so the fact that I did kind of made me feel big I guess. I think its really weird how things like that happen. My brothers have been asking about climbing Mount Kilimanjaro when they go to Tanzania in the early summer. My Mom and I don't think its a good idea, having been there and seen it and such, but they are both very eager and the fact that my Mom and I tell them no just makes them want to do it more. I have been trying to reason with them cuz basically I know they could do it but I don't think they should at least on this trip. They are staking their manhood on it I believe I think that's pretty stupid, but after having just beaten Steve in a lil fight, I guess a guys got to do what he's got to do.

No comments: