Thursday, October 18, 2012

The shoulds

I should be volunteering right now.
I should be writing blog posts about voting No, and updating facebook, and I will wish I had if we lose in this election.
I should be watching the movies I need to watch for school.
I should be looking into what classes I will take tomorrow.
I should be writing Illy back, because she was nice enough to write me. 
I should not be thinking about the 2-3 things I have wanted to write about lately.
I should be updating that people text, I said I was going to rewrite.
I should be reading a book, and hanging out with a friend, and thinking about the future in a more positive way. 
I should be making the time to support people in need. 
I should be working on some media projects, and I should be texting some folks back about next week.
I shouldn't be thinking about Diplomacy or how I want to escape into fantasy books.
I should be thinking about how to adapt curriculum to meet my students needs.
I should be writing about my Grandma's passing.
I shouldn't be so afraid.
I should be seeking out new relationships. I should hang out with Aleks, Emily and Julene some time, since today was fun.
I should be volunteering right now. I should volunteer on Sat, Sun and Monday.
I should prepare a costume for next Thursday and Sat. 
I shouldn't be thinking about sex, about being bad at it, after all I am not actually practicing.
I should be preparing a trip to South America.
I should be planning on how to make it meaningful.
I should stop. 

No comments: