Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm dwelling in one of those tired moods, mixed desire and "fuck off!"   angst faced

the band Why? is really doing it for me. 

I spent the last 3 hours at a coffee shop watching a girl who looked like a disney princess (pretty to the point of painful and slightly off-putting)  with half glances occasionally meeting those giant eyes in-between the chapters of my book.

I wasn't sure I wanted to meet her... but when she got up and left I didn't want to stay. 
She had spent a couple hours talking to a guy that kept her smiling, and when she met my eyes it was as if those smiles were meant for me (though of course they weren't).  Enough to make a man wonder what kind of life he is living and dream of being a shiny knight or a daring thief or a beast. 

I considered taking a picture, that creepy, I wondered if I would ever see someone like that again. Someone who wasn't necessarily someone you wanted to talk to, but who you couldn't take your eyes from. Someone who didn't make you want to have babies with them, but who seemed to meet children's fantasies of what "beauty" is.   Its funny you could easily say she looked deer like, mousy, alien... but all in a way that drew you in... strange creation, I wonder how she will age... I wonder whether she had her teeth fixed, and spent years perfecting the makeup for that look, whether she knows it or not... flaunted eyelashes, half smiles practiced in the mirror.  Does her personality match, is she the epitome of rough and tumble feminine... a feisty catch, but a pampered princess none the less.

No comments: