Saturday, July 02, 2011

Too many Swedish Fish

Went and saw the Green Lantern tonight,  um  entertaining... but I guess a little more cheesy than I was expecting... but maybe that is just the actual story (I never got into DC comics).

Spent some time updating the travel Blog, almost through the York Trip.  I still haven't written anything about last summer.  So much to do...

Today was a pretty good day. Jared and some americorps cats had my students make a raised bed for our sister preschool... hopefully get some soil and plant it next week. Other "Project Friday" projects included some artistic chairs and paintings, some good old fashioned reading, bike maintenance and a jam session for anyone who wanted in. I played tambourine for a minute in-between grading.
Speaking of grading we have about a third of our students who are not putting in any effort. In the first two weeks they have less than half the hours they could earn. We even have several cases of students who have 2-3 days worth of credit for the full 2 weeks. Students must make half their credit hours to return in the fall, unfortunately what this will mean is that we have a really small starting class again... we are being punished for last years low numbers with a tight budget this year. So yea!


I don't really have plans for the long weekend... I spose I could start reading for fun, or play some comp games... or prepare for next week, or do some writing, or leave town, or stay up late listening to other people's fireworks.

I am totally in a pity mood again... so silly.
wow someone is totally speaking my language on craigslist... I have never seen that before.

No comments: