Sunday, July 31, 2011

To a certain birthday girl.  I hope you are finding what you need in the world, feeling good about yourself and hopeful for the future.
Also, I'm still mad at you for not wanting to meet up with me.


I don't really need to say anything more about that.

These past few days I have gotten a pretty strong taste of what it feels like to be confident and hopeful.  I want to continue it, to be more honest with myself and others. Also to see myself as someone who can actually do good things in the world. To carve out some space for me and mine, and know that that doesn't make me selfish or insecure... it shows I care enough to get involved.
A lot of this comes out of the week long training I just went to, at least publically but I think Illy has  been helping me with many of the same things on the personal side.

I am a little worried about the things that are not in my comfort zone, even the little things. I am also worried that once I get started with school the realities will kick in, you can't make change if the people aren't with you.
Do I have the courage, patience and drive to be steadfast in my conviction?

1 comment:

Illy said...

yes.