Sunday, October 10, 2010

From the first preview I sort of knew what I was getting myself into.

Something about something...

I watched a 2 hour movie for myself, by myself in the theater.
I hadn't thought it would move me.
But there is something about the behind the scenes, that maybe directors count on,
knowing full well that they can touch the sensitive strings,
they flash a story on the screen, but allow the familiar image and sound to drum up for you what inside had stilled
and slowly melt away the layers, so that by the end
it isn't about the two made up characters who don't deserve each other, but about the desire to be loved and forgiven, that brings us to tears.


During the previews a stupid looking movie made me smile and I wanted to share that smile with someone, to feel that connection of guilty pleasures, but no one was there, and from that point I could only see in every character present on the screen every moment of love and doubt, of fragile beautiful humanity that I had ever witnessed from the first person -and in the moment wishing, as I often do when seeing it on screen, that someone would slap me for being so stupid.

No comments: