Friday, April 10, 2009

Dying Song

I'm going away, forever,
I'm going away, forever,
Never coming back this way,
Never coming back to this place.

What I need is a heaven,
What I really need is a heaven,
A place to go where I can really be,
A place to go where I can really be
Where I can really be.

Dreaming my life away, counts for nothing,
Dreaming my life away, counts for nothing,
But nothing ever is the end,
No, nothing ever is the end.

It's sure been a full life for me, yeah
It's sure been a full life for me, yeahh
It's sure been a full life for me, baby, its sure been a full life for me





*****Steve sent me this. Its typical Frusciante (the goofy picture is of him) but its from the Brown Bunny soundtrack so its not readily available. I think its very touching, but its hard to know if others would appreciate his blend of openness about death.
My family is grieving the death of my Grampa. They each have their own perspective, hard to know what mine is and if its valid. There is a memorial on Sunday and a funeral service and banquet on Monday. We are all supposed to be involved in the funeral process. Some of my uncles and cousins barely talk to eachother.
If there is one thing I am really glad about, it is that my gramps dropped his pride and reconciled with everyone before he died. Our family has been full of a lot more positivity in the past few years.

The three lines that I love from this song:

What I really need is a heaven,
A place to go where I can really be,

Dreaming my life away, counts for nothing,
But nothing ever is the end,

It's sure been a full life for me



I told steve I wouldn't mind being the first of us to die... in fact I would rather it be that way. He didn't really respond, but I think he understood. If I do die, please play all the frusciante you want. Also find something to dance to. And if my family seems uncomfortable, steve will take care of it.


No comments: