Saturday, May 10, 2014

Monday

I'm sitting at the travel clinic about to get charged an arm and a leg (several hundreds for shots).  

I had a nightmare last night. 

The dream started as I was in bed, it felt very much like the actual situation except that I was in some other apartment, some other bed.  I was under the window and i was awaken from sleep by the sudden shift that happens when the electricity goes out.  It was so dark!  
The only light came from outside but it wouldn't penetrate the darkness of the apartment.  I stayed in bed for a long while waiting for the electricity to come back on, but it didn't.  I tried to let my eyes adjust but they wouldn't. 
Eventually I decided this must be the fault of the landlord, that she should fix it.  So I got out of bed hoping to awaken my roommate and get her number. I knocked the door several times.  Nothing, the eery  quiet continued.  I was trying to use my phone as a light but it wouldn't light up the room no matter what I did.  
Suddenly I heard a click at the door to the apartment.  The front door was around a corner from me, and I deduced in the dream that i would have the upper hand on whoever was breaking in because it was so dark and they wouldn't know the layout. 

As I crept up closer to the wall, my heart pounded and I suddenly rounded the wall to stop the would be attacker.  

But I woke up. My eyes wide open, a glow around a central figure a few inches from my face, it was not a person. It was a machine... A camera or something,  but it didn't appear to be on. 
I stayed very still and let my heart beat slow down, my breathing quieted. 
The glow in my vision faded slowly and I watched as my vision changed , got blurry.  
I couldn't understand what it was that I was looking at, or why it would become less clear in some ways while more clear in others.  
Eventually I could tell that part of the machine was the lamp in the corner... But   What was it that was so close to me? Staring at me?  



No comments: