Friday, March 01, 2013

Gumballs, street performers, sufis and smiles

First of all this is amazing... there is still a part of me that wants to be a street performer



Second, there is part of me that wants to be a wandering ascetic.

Third when I feel all spiritual, I really enjoy your smile.





I am teaching Islam in World Religions class, mental disorders in Psych and unions in US history.
I am worried about certain aspects of my job, but I love these topics... I just love to see students engaged and question. I love to be able to share with them the things I find beautiful and interesting and feel passion for...

I was reading about all these Sufis tonight.... I don't know I just felt really inspired.  I kept wanting to talk to the people around me, wanted to tell them they were beautiful, wanted to see more and feel more and be more.

I don't know if my attachment to this world is good or bad, it feels so right, how could it be wrong?
Some of the mystics were killed for being blasphemers when they became so intoxicated with God that they declared themselves and all around them one, the ultimate unity of God is when there is no division, and to the outsider this is blasphemy... but what would that feel like?
I miss you. 

No comments: