Sunday, November 14, 2010

The slowed down version


HMMMM its been a Damien Rice kind of day.
Cold out, but not too cold... as I drove away from my overnight spot I saw the man come to ticket me and felt good about the escape... did not feel so good about my busted side mirror (hit and run last night anyone?)

Anyway.... I skipped Spirit of Truth today... I skipped it and was glad for the extra time for myself. It felt good, but since then I have felt guilty like I am not holding up my end of the bargain... how I got myself into this I will never know.
I suppose its like family in that sense... suddenly you realize you have responsibilities that you should fulfill no matter what mood you are in.

I have been watching episodes of Dexter and like everyone else I love it. I am glad to have found a new show to get me out of myself. Its nice, it takes the time away.
I half assed decided last night with Illy that I would just give in and let the tide take me... spend my weekdays sleeping and my weekends a shut in. Play video games and watch tv shows and it would feel ... not good, but less tormented.

Maybe just for a bit could I be 17 again?
No stress to find a mate, be perfect at work, cocreate a church, be a member of a family, have a million friends... just be moody old mike... maybe drink coffee and read should I decide to go out.

No comments: