Monday, July 05, 2010

Are you feeling suitably neglected?

I have about 13 days till I leave. Two relatively full weeks of work.
2 Spirit of truth events, a retreat on the 11th and a discussion on the 12th.
I need to do laundry, buy a backpack, figure out the clothes situation. Clean and organize my room. Pack etc.
See how much Spanish I can get in (at least finish the first disc).

This weekend was fairly packed with active.
I spent some time with several friends... saw a couple movies I wanted to see... made mixed veggies to grill... ate at Benihana. These summer weekends already seem long, but then add in the extra day off and its breezy.
I didn't connect with any fam this weekend.
I don't usually celebrate the holiday... so I didn't feel like pretending.
We didn't run to a fireworks display... we played Settlers of Catan.

I had good talks with some people.
Probably betrayed some trust here and there in the process, but it was in the name of something higher.

I realized yesterday that it is very likely that three of the 4-5 people I have been hanging out with for the past 5 months will be leaving town soon.
It makes me sort of sad, but happy for all of them... they are really excited to move on with their lives and that is good. I haven't let the panic set in... and it sort of bothers me that during the next 2 months... which is on average how long they will be here... will be the time that I am gone - or at least a good chunk. That wasn't worded well but you get the picture.

I always have a hard time taking space/time for myself... and this will be no different, just with the added idea of them all packing while I am gone.

Three years is a long time.
I'm trying to focus on the positive.
But it felt good to talk to you last night,
to not have to explain anything more,
but to want to.

I should take this time to find new things.
So should all of you.
But let me cry over the transition from young man to man,
I didn't recognize it till just now in thinking about all these goodbyes.

As before, even scattered, I'll love you.

No comments: