Wednesday, July 07, 2010

this was on facebook

My therapist pointed out the all or nothing thinking involved when I go from worrying about loss to putting myself in a position where I start to believe everyone is going to die and I need to prepare myself.... and though I agree it might seem a little dramatic, I kind of see that in a lot of my thought patterns... I mean, when I am listening to music or musicals especially I don't just listen, I try to put myself in the position of the characters or whatever... then it becomes a moving experience. Simply thinking about things, without the moving experience of crying over imaginary grief/joy or whatever seems almost shallower, like a hollow intellectual experience without the heart to back it up. I do that enough... What good is a dream without the heart pulse? What good is worrying without considering the holistic ramifications?

No comments: