Monday, March 08, 2010

Wonderland

I saw the movie...
I associate Alice in Wonderland with two things:

A: "White Rabbit"/Drugs/Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas


B: The storyteller.
Warmth and sleep, I swear I wanted to listen all night or hold you but I was equally wishing to dream of the stories you told, sang, became.
I spent the whole movie wanting to text you, wondering if you had seen it, what you thought, if it was blasphemy or good, if it was exciting or sad.
I wanted to write my number on your wall and say "for drunk dialing on your new phone, sing me a song again."




There is a scene in the movie that reminds me of the excitement and trepidation of new love, I don't mean the feeling of being excited for someone new, or liking someone, a crush... I mean recognizing that you love someone, approaching them for the first time after recognizing it, a surge of confidence as you embrace the idea, a slight fear that the other person doesn't, and the nervousness of not knowing if it all shows too much, because you can't hold back your smile, or the joy you feel at seeing them. You feel certain that everything has changed though its still all in the same place, and your love... standing or sitting or resting just so in their place... makes you want to thank the heavens that they are still there.

Its like recognizing that your reality is the dream you have been loving and waiting for.
Every thing in its right place.

It was nice to feel, even if it was just a movie.



2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.