Monday, March 17, 2008

Song writing is never something that came easy to me. That being said, I often find myself in love with my friend's music more so than any other... but I don't think its just because I see them play, or know their story, or hear the song in person or while in creation that makes it special... for I have found many other songs very special having never even seen the artist in person. I think its the idea that comes to me subconsciously when i listen to something beautiful written by a friend, that the beauty seems so much bigger and more universal and beautiful than any friend of mine, not that my friends arent beautiful... but that in this single act of creation they have shed light in volume to show why it is that I so easily love them. And its not because they are human, a beautiful quality in itself, something I often cherish in conversation, in tears, in hugs, etc... but rather proof truly that god has dabbled ever so gently, pushing a bit of heaven into their voice or instrument at just the right time, to connect all creatures, lift your heads life and listen.

And then I feel sorry for crediting the universe with "their" creation, but come on...

No comments: