Sunday, October 01, 2006

Isnt it obvious i talk more on here when i got no other form of communication with cats... sure i can leave wall messages and what not, but thats more personal and really im just spending lonely days at home, listening to good music, printing off mondays readings on my mothers ink... Zach and Illy and maybe hollie on the way out of town tomorrow leaves me feeling anxious about getting work done, but not enough (apparently) to sit down and do it... I also got a 3 hour movie to watch before i take it back in the morning. (a movie i missed in my war class)
I figure if i get articles lines up and maybe highlight some points that will be good for my history class. but who knows if i will be ready to write and type up a 5 page paper after driving 3 hours. Furthermore I got my money for tuition but i gotta stop at a wellsfargo to make it official and they aint open... closest one to morris being Alexandria so maybe a midweek trip?? jackass and couple other movies i would consider watching... but monday night i got to study for a test.
I really got to get on top of this take back the night stuff for the wrc. I got to talk to some important people and some important musicians/poets or we got nothing.

_______
Part of the reason I want to get involved this year is because of my extreme disappointment last year when only a few people felt comfortable (for whatever reason) to come out and say anything... one could take this as a good sign, but more than likely it meant the mood wasnt right or something. How does one fix that? no idea. I dont think it was anyone's fault i dont think that has anything to do with it... but honestly take back the night might be the most important event on campus in a students 3-5 years here. I hope that anyone feels comfortable... last year i felt awful worrying i would be really late to an open mic... i didnt even have much prepared and when it got out an hour early i was really upset... feeling like i didnt do enough somehow... i sat down and wrote a simple poem about some of my friends and my experiance dealing with issues.... it felt wonderful for me to get that out... but i felt awful in a sense that i felt the need to express something that was told to me in confidence... of course no one knows... but people know.
and that was kind of the point.


((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9
Lucy ford is easily the best of the atmosphere cds... and from what i have heard of slug's other stuff... it too doesnt compare.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
for the record that last post in saying im near the edge... doesnt necessarily imply im trying to be there... i guess its a strange thing to be proud of staying in a place that isnt necessarily desirable... more or less i dont know how i would be anywhere else... i mean i can see more trouble... but not a clear path towards something so much more positive... and thus proud that i havent slipped over that cliff.

No comments: