Monday, June 12, 2006

You ever do things just because you think they need to be done?
I spose in some ways I am here because of that (here in every sense of the word)
what a powerful urge.

anyway i was talking to lex last night, about how i could have come up to morris last night (a few days earlier than planned) but that i shouldnt because i supposedly have other things to do. And tomorrow that may or may not be true (depending on what becky wants) but today i dont officially have anything going.

my two thoughts have been:
A) local music rock out session. by local music i mainly mean highschool stuff I used to listen to, I want to get reaquainted with the brilliance of young musicians and possibly the angst of them as well. But I also just want to get centered here, remind me of who i am, and what i came from... so Madhatter the drones, 13 after, bts, mu maker, pleasure pause, 7 days, light show, maybe even some nicely nicely if i get my tape player. (but right now im listening to the chili peppers, so this project hasnt begun)
B) I got all these art supplies last week thinking the moment i got them i would be inspired to paint or draw or what not... and i thought i was inspired before, i thought i had ideas, but now they all sit on my floor... canvas, poster board, paint, pencils, pens, tiles, etc etc...
im tempted to look through art books and other artists stuff for inspiration but sometimes that backfires and makes me feel worse. I also have a million photos to inspire but.... and then theres just my general mood, of feeling sort of sick, and not wanting to leave my bed even though i cant sleep (fucking jetlag) also i dont have a work surface other then my floor, and who wants to sit on the floor all day.
When i got the supplies i was thinking "who cares if its bad, i will just make so much art, no one will notice." well the first piece is the hardest, because there is nothing else to display with it (to lessen its shite-ness)

maybe i will hang with illy later and she can get me inspired...

No comments: