Thursday, June 29, 2006

a little rant:

My computer is broken (this is my moms)
simply put, it will not go in to windows. It will however go to windows task manager -which means all hope is not lost. But it will not go in to any form of windows, including safe mode (which doesnt seem very safe to me).
round 2
This on top of the fact that I recently decided (a few days ago) NOT to buy a new computer which meant updating the virus software of this one (100$-2 years) and I downloaded it, and didnt get the warranty which makes it available for 1 year but rather the warranty that makes it available for two weeks.
Round 3
I called the Hewlett packard people (the makers) and they said I would have to wipe my computer clean, but that first I should contact some local people to see if they can backup "my documents" like say my 6 months worth of europe pictures or whatever.... but first they made me pay (100$) to extend my warranty for the laptop.... and even when they wipe it clean, there is no guarantee it will work.
round 4
I called best buy and they said they can do whatever I need, but it will take 5 days (at least) and cost at least (100$) but I have worked with this best buy before... and not only do they usually not help, but they also usually take up to 3 weeks when they say 1 week... (these are the guys who lost one of my comp games, and didnt send me a new copy for about 2.5 months)
round 5
I havent been able to upload pictures from my computer to the internet en mass for several months -sure i can put up one at a time, but i cant make facebook albums, or snapfish alubums or yahoo albums, or even put them on here. and when i do, it says contact the internet service provider, but this is regardless of what internet i use... i think... -not only does that blow... but it also keeps me from backing up my precious photos on the internet... (just in case something happens like where i might need to erase my hard drive)
Round 6
I got 100$ worth of computer games a year ago and havent been able to play them because this computer isnt up to date on graphics software and because it is a laptop it cant be updated.
round 7
the battery on my laptop has never been good, and basically lasts for about 10-15 minutes which means it always has to be plugged in, which means (although it is not as bad as a desk top) it doesnt have the friendly use anywhere-ness of a normal notebook.

So thats that....
I spent a fortune, or will soon, and i dont even necessarly get a working computer back... which makes me want to buy a new one... which means spending a fucking goat load more...
but....

round 8.... even if i do that...... my external hard drive (think way back on this one) still wont work with out some sort of repair... and if they wipe my laptop clean.... it may never get restored...
which means tons and tons and tons of hours of uploading music not to mention a year worth of pictures, stories games... etc.... all fucked.

so thats my rant... and like many of you have felt at some point in your lives...
right now i hate computers!

No comments: