Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Things left undone

I need to take the garbage out and turn off the air conditioner. 

Tomorrow morning I am going to Boston. Felt like trying something new. 

To be honest, part of me needed to do something because I took a few days off work, and I kept finding myself looking at M's social media in which she and her dude are happily traveling together and every time I see an update I have a brief souring moment of grief because inevitably I had been dreaming of doing that thing with her. New apartment. New trip. New shopping spree. Meeting the family. On and on. So I needed to remind myself there was a world, and that I can have my own adventures. 

It was hard to work this week. No students, and a skeleton crew of staff, most untrained, so it meant telling them what their jobs would be... and me, trying to avoid my own work. People rearranged offices and decorated. It was fun, but I also feel like we had a week off and none of us are prepared for summer programming next week. Almost fully staffed, but still behind. 

I need to fill out my licensure paperwork. I need to move forward with some things. Work feels better than it did a few months back, but I am still not staying more than a year. I like my new coworkers. I even like training them in a little, but they are young. No one knows what they are doing. The new coordinator is a sweetheart and I look forward to working with her, but she decorated her office instead of doing her job the last couple days (eye roll) this is the kind of shit that leaves us behind all the time. No one has foresight. Thus the book is called foresight, people need to fucking learn to plan. 

Thats my commitment to myself. If I am working at Day Treatment at the end of next school year, I will quit and go traveling for the summer. Spain and Portugal likely.  Then take a new job in the fall. Thats a good plan. Maybe I will even move to a new state. I mean... not likely, but maybe? 

What does Boston have?  Well, I figure I can walk around Harvard and Cambridge area tomorrow, just see a little of the northern parts of the city, along with the china town area the hostel is in. Another day I can go to the art museum and the ports. Another day I can do all the historic stuff and a walking tour. Get back on Sunday likely in time to celebrate Father's Day. If not, we will go to Top Golf this summer... Parents are retired now, they have time to do shit. 


No comments: