Sunday, June 01, 2014

Today Today The Art of such

I have things to do I swear. I have some work to get done. Some things to pack. A whole lot of lists to make... but today I sat in a coffee shop and wrote the first 5 and a half pages of some sort of spy novel.
I have no idea why this appealed to me, but once I started I had things to say and it came out.  I don't think I am a very good writer for things like this. I have an internal monologue as a narrator... I need to find ways to create the picture of the scene without describing it outright as if someone is describing it outright.

anyway the opening line is


“The unfortunate position Joseph Shif died in was not nearly as noble as the way in which he had lived” read the Eulogy. 

It goes on to briefly share his experience before death... then the eulogist's attempts to figure out who the person was.  The eulogist ends up playing the role of detective... -as the book would go on probably get caught up in a bunch of drama he is unprepared for. I am not sure where the ending would leave the audience... whether you would find out that Joseph really is a super boring, socially awkward man with OCD, or whether he was a spy, or whether he was neither, or both?  Maybe it would just leave you unsure to make up your own mind... but regardless the Eulogist would get caught up in what he thinks is some real shit. 

No comments: