Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Between me and you 6000 page views

Hard to know what to write on these heavy hot days. They say we might have broken a record. 
I saw a picture on fb from Ingrid that looked like a sand storm, and wondered why people in the south aren't freaking out about global climate change.  Storms, drought, fire, yall are getting hit harder than the rest of us.
 

Lacey's art
Lacey at the Walker Art center
Art by Lacey and I

Pride was wonderful. It may have been one of the best continual experiences I have had in a weekend... meaning I was there for something like 20 hours and almost the whole time I felt good. Like really positive, excited, happy. Even when the bugs were out, even when the sun was hot, I only left because we had 4 people during one of the afternoon shifts and I felt like I should give someone else the opportunity to enjoy it.  It was different tabling. I felt purposeful. I felt like I was part of the event, not just visiting. I felt like I had something to offer, not just take. 
me looking dorky

And offer.... man people loved our stuff. I actually created the majority of the stuff myself so it felt really good to get that feedback. I can't wait to see bumper stickers around town... I look for them.
I stole a yard sign. Its a suggested $10 donation, but I feel like I have given a lot to this campaign, time, energy and money.




Speaking of money... Before writing this I was contemplating Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil.  I only have a couple of weeks... I don't think I should do it... but I want to escape. Would it be better to put it off? To take a longer trip, maybe see all of South America in 6 months or something?  Maybe when my job falls apart. I know if we were going strong, my coworkers would accept it... they'd let me go, but I can't just yet.   Two weeks doesn't seem like enough time to see a continent. 
If I go for two weeks, I will basically have to choose 4-5 cities and call it a trip.



What else...
The summer schedules
Summer school is going really well. We only have 20 students and it is sort of perfect. Full time staff of 3 but Victoria is tied up in meetings several days of the week. There is down time, it is chill. There is real learning going on.  Almost no drama. The other two made lunch for the students today. We are going to a movie on Friday. We get out of school so early that I feel like I have a whole day left. I take naps, I plan other shit. Its too bad a school has to have math and science teachers... we could just have a social studies/english school. Kids would learn how to speak and argue and write and critically think and act. Who needs math?

Well it is a 11:00 on a sticky night... and I am sick of thinking and caring.
So shove off.

Jared's plants







No comments: