Sunday, September 06, 2009

I spent the evening chasing some girl around in my dreams. In a hasty maneuver I jumped into the water and she followed. We swam to each other, embraced and turned to watch the ship she loved turn so slowly, no one could deny it, watched it crash into the walls of the tunnel. Her beloved hand me down, the wooden hull splintering against the stone brick walls, dull red paint, light at the end of the tunnel reflected off the water and the darkness...
When we boarded the wreck that was her home again, I saw that it was my friends who had led it astray. Who had made the situation once bright splendid into a sinking despair.
They were drunk and could only say sorry. It wasn't enough and the woman transformed again as she had twice already as I held her. Her friend followed crying her into the other room and I was left, I could only yell at my friends, to shame them.

I woke up then.
These dreams have been intense lately. As if something is happening. As if it affects those around me and they it.
Someone always seems to fall in love and someone always seems to get hurt and I always feel like I am responsible.

No comments: