Saturday, February 21, 2009

I haven't felt like writing much lately. Maybe nothing to say.
What I have been doing is singing. A lot... and not comfortably. because my voice gets worse with each day of singing. Sometimes I think I have like vocal cord polyps or whatever...
This is also not comfortable for my neighbors and roommate. I don't mention it to them, and they don't mention it to me.
The problem with this is that I want to be creative. I have been introducing myself to all these wonderful bands and different styles of music, and I want to make it too!
But I can't
because I can't write or play music worth shit. And I cant make up new songs that are good, when i only have my own uncreative mind and untuned voice.

Still, I got a new power cord for my keyboard and a new amp for my guitar... just in case.



_____________________________________________________

I tried to write out the lyrics to a song I want to make. I couldnt think of words, but I know what the song is about.
Its about a child who hears something horrible on the radio, but because they are not used to hearing that kind of thing, they assume its a good thing.. at first. The song is supposed to remain innocent as long as possible, while giving hints that there is something wrong.
Its harder than you would think to write something in a child's voice.
Especially when you cant think.

No comments: