Saturday, January 23, 2021

That weekend tradition

 

This weekend is the same as every other one. 

I find myself wanting to escape from the loneliness by focusing on mindless entertainment. Avoiding the complexities. Not meditating. Not working. Not cleaning or organizing internally or externally. 

I found myself looking at old pictures, and gave myself some forgiveness, she looks happy enough, and I was ecstatic. 

I find myself dwelling on old relationships. Wondering why a hundred swipes on an app doesn't produce anything of note. Just like the majority of my life does not produce personal relationships.

This week I talked to some of my coworkers, realized how unhealthy many of them are -how they react so similarly to the students we are trying to help. As if the entire job is a hoax. 

I am tempted to look at the universe and see that nothing really matters all that much. No good or bad, no right or wrong, just existence. Its an unattached sentiment. I am not very attached except to the things I grasp to pull me away from the discomfort I feel in my body, my mind, my heart. 

Gonna go read a book. 

Love is a funny thing, how it carves.




No comments: