Monday, November 05, 2012

on the eve

Good song, good video



I had a hard time sleeping last night, and part of it was the election. I think I am excited to vote tomorrow, I think I am excited for it to be over. I think I am excited to win.
Seems strange how my mind has flipped in these last few days from being too scared to believe its possible, to just assuming the right thing will happen.

I was phone calling against voter ID tonight with an auto dialer, but the lines were so busy across the country that it was taking 15-20 minutes for a live phone call and I got fed up and left early, even though I had already had a few good calls. I just felt like I could use my time better.
I called my Dad, I intended to ask him to vote NO on both amendments and chickened out. I think I would rather not carry that resentment if he hasn't changed his mind.

Its hard to understand.

But tonight I am thinking about all the people I love. Its weird how many of them dont live in this state anymore... when I pray for people (which is something I do regularly now, for some reason), I hop around the map trying to remember everyone I know in all the different locations. I think its funny though how I sometimes forget about folks here because I am too busy skipping from state to state.

Anyway, feeling deep longing remembrances.   

Maybe some day I will go back to feeling things in the moment.

No comments: