Wednesday, March 04, 2009

You'd have guessed

I’m tempted to write a poem, but I don’t think I can make this sound beautiful.
(I am listening to my favorite music dvd so its hard to compare you know).

I’m sure I have written about things like this before so I am sorry if it is boring… but my readership is down to about a cat and a half and the random strangers who barge in looking for a lyric, a name or something kinky. Speaking of which, I sometimes feel like I should advertise that I have a blog, but at the same time I worry about the things I say here getting out… so I can’t very well just tell everyone on facebook to look me up and down, and what do I have to say of interest lately anyway? I can’t even keep up a conversation that doesn’t revolve around my work day –because it’s been intense lately.
(had to turn up the volume to sing along with john on “Otherside” the backup vox is half the fun).
Anyway, so I was thinking about the funny way I (we?) categorize people and our relationships.
The people we love, like and lust after. The people we have one of those with, but refuse to entertain the idea of any other. Add in fear, add in insecurity and you get weird combinations. I could lust after person A, but would never tell them, because I like them, I don’t love them… I don’t know that we would ever love each other… so why bother? I love person B, but I don’t lust after them, I worry that they assume the worst because of this and I know that we could never have anything other than a friendship… I like person C, there is room for both love and lust, but I fear person C might not know the side of me that I want them too, and I’m afraid to show them that because so far they like me, so nothing happens.
Odd.
Sometimes I might say
“Hey Goddess, if you stepped down from the clouds you might see me, but I like the view of you up there… so keeping singing.”
“Hey dreamgirl, you’ve been inspiring me since before I met you in person, you remind me of things I keep hidden, like my innocence (for fear that I could lose it forever). Only you don’t keep yours hidden and I love it.”
“Hey friend, wrap your arms around me but ask first cuz maybe I don’t mean to break your heart, only satisfy some temporary need.”

1 comment:

Yumi Lover said...

I'm a cat that still reads your blog. I think we need to have a cd exchanging/wine & cherry coke drinking/conversation having/meeting of the souls. I'm starved for good conversation and I miss our talks. PS I want to know who scours your blog looking for something kinky ;)