Thursday, January 15, 2015

transitions suck

I am far too robotic for people.
I was on the phone with my old coworkers, one sounded super out of it. Just not sure how to console or assure people when I am leaving again. I am so excited for the next thing, and yet once again all these people are reaching out to me. Asking. Doing the thing I tell them to do, and I rarely do because I don't know how. But I have nothing to share except the thoughts in my head and they can already tell I am stepping out of the boat.

There is a definite downside to this whole having close relationships but wanting to adventure thing. I am caught off guard by the image that other people have of me, and how close they hold it to their hearts.

I feel like I am letting them all down. And part of me just wants to hide. Like... is it possible to just pretend I left already?

I'll hang out with Illy and my parents and tell everyone else I am already in Guatemala.


No comments: