Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hara Hara Mahadev

Talked to Steve tonight over some sweet ass lone spur moppo wings. We discussed our mutual plans for bettering our lives. For seeing from different perspectives, taking risks and investing in our lives. He also started preparing to write out his adventure story from this summer when he rode from New York to DC on a bike.  He says there is a PG and an R rated version, but I was encouraging him to express all the aspects, the different viewpoints and let it built up to something complex and rich.

Apparently all hell broke out when I left for a meeting at the end of the day today. Students carrying resentment and eager for drama, even got a parent involved I guess. Its all too ridiculous. None of my classes this week have gotten anywhere near where I was hoping to get to. In fact, three of my classes haven't even started with anything academic, we made personal posters and played a few icebreaker games.

We are only two days into the trimester and we got drama. I have such high hopes for these kiddos, and then they let me down. I was at this meeting and they were talking about how their students are applying and going to colleges and I thought to myself "What world are these people living in?"  I really got into the Morris thing, but I can't imagine going to college right now with record tuition rates and low low employment in the various fields. This girl I started talking to online (read below), said she thought it was ridiculous that kids at her school would pay shit tons of money to get theater degrees, even though she took theater for 12 years.

I am supposed to be having a sort of get to know you skype session with a lady from okcupid right now. Maybe she got busy, but she doesn't seem to be online... stood up on a nerd date... funny.
This is part of my taking more risks thing. I got really nervous the first time, which was a few nights ago. This time, a little less worried.



How to see beauty in all?  I think I need to start eating lunch.
Tomorrow night I may or may not go to an improv show based on homework and parent teacher conferences.  Saturday I am supposed to hang with Russ and Emily D.  Sunday SoT and working?
Tuesday I turn 29!! can you believe that silly shit?


No comments: