Saturday, September 29, 2012

a writin

I've been at Blue Moon for about 7 hours. I spent about 5 hours trying to write a comprehensive understanding of my history and perception around race, ethnicity and racism. 

After 5 hours I realized this would be a much longer process and it should be broken down in parts.  I have a good start though.  Like with many things, right now I feel a strong flourishing of understanding and growth. It feels good to explore with the students, with friends and acquaintances. Last year felt pretty stressful and blah... maybe this year will turn that way again...but right now I feel in the zone. 

We are starting the second round of donations this weekend... 
Like tomorrow and Monday.

I had a list of like 12 things I wanted to do, and I m readily checking them off the list.  
I updated some websites, did some reading, went to the bank, did a training at work, did some writing and have seen a few folks.  I told my dad about the possible baby thing, which had been weighing on me.

Jess had a baby, thus she had to cancel seeing a movie with me. Lacey also had to cancel. My Grandma is moving next weekend. 

 I sure do write and erase a lot of shit.


No comments: