Saturday, February 12, 2011

I hate that roadblock style of sadness...
I think I have been avoiding it at almost all cost...
I don't want to, its just that I have responsibilities and I don't want to let everyone down... because I feel like I am.
I feel like I can't make things better for anyone right now... and the sort of immense weight of it all is starting to make me pull back in every direction... like not call people back, like not check it with those I should, like ignore and press on in directions that seem easy.

I don't know what to do with this sadness... I feel like all I have ever been good at is loving hurt people, but sometimes its too fresh, too scalding hot, too razor sharp.  I can't help but love, can't help but stare, can't help but desire things that really I can't make work...
I don't know how to make it easy for you, any of you... not with broken hearts, or poisoned minds or stabbed souls and vulnerable bodies.

I can't make light of it, I can't keep the tears from coming, I can't offer advice that actually soothes... I can't make any of it go away.

and I know how vulnerable it makes you to reach out. I am glad that you do... but I'm starting to feel empty too... who can I reach out to when everyone I care about or trust  is feeling broken?

No comments: