Monday, May 31, 2010

Do you feel neglected?

The contents of my backpack are scattered on the floor of my room.
I feel like I should be able to say that in Spanish by now...

I just had coffee with Gabi and it made me excited for my trip, which was good because I was getting scared. I haven't planned a whole lot. Haven't bought tickets nor checked people out on couch surfing nor checked out any hostels.
But I feel like it will be okay.

I went to target today and decided that I can handle a single backpack, a flashlight, bug spray, a small first aid kit, sunscreen and other travel sized bs, a camera, note pad, book, and some clothes.
Other things will be bought along the way.

I haven't decided yet about a phone. Gabi said it might be a good idea... so that I can make things easier like finding her family.

I am also a little worried about time... My plan is to do roughly this... with some little trips in between.



There are a bunch of tourism companies that run trips that are roughly exactly this... but I don't really want to deal with all that easy jazz. Timing will be tricky though... I have to be in Cuernavaca by about the 5th or 6th... which means about 2.5 weeks to do all of Cancun (Chitzen Itza) Belize and Guatemala, Chiapas and Oaxaca --- or in other words most of the Maya, Mixtec and Zapotec areas. Then I spend a few days with gabs and cats in Cuernavaca, then move on to Ciudad de Mexico for a week and then hightail it back to Cancun for a flight out with some stops at the historical coastal cities on the way.
Should be fun. Not sure about stopping in Veracruz.... its historically pretty influential (The port city for the capital) but I have no idea if it is worth it.

Hmmm other things...

Tuesday starts evals (finals). I forgot to bring some of my stuff home so it will be a little bit of work on Tuesday to get started. But it is an easy day. Most of the students are recent returns (meaning they don't have that much to write up). Most of them are doing pretty good too... so no big lectures. I might volunteer to step out... but I kind of want Friday off too.
Nothing big coming up this week besides that.

Tomorrow me and Alicia might see a movie and get a bite to eat.

Supposed to check in with spirit of truth pledges... none of my friends wanted to join(no surprise).
But as the song that just came on reminds me
all good gifts around us are sent from heaven above, so thank the lord for all his love.
(in anyway you choose)

No comments: