Monday, August 31, 2026

Ok I lied

 I did download hinge and started filling it out, and then just got kind of repulsed by the whole thing and deleted it. 

I’m not sure what it was… maybe because I basically only have selfies for pictures. Maybe because when picking three prompts I felt like I was limiting myself and didn’t know how to make an honest impression. Do I tell people I’m a picky eater and weed out all the folks that would find that annoying? Do I tell people I’m a therapist? Do I share about my goal of traveling the world? Do I pretend like I’m interested in small talk dates?  I just have no fucking desire for traditional dating. I never have. I get to know someone, fall for them and then ask them if they can see themselves continuing to hang with me… I don’t really know another way to weed through all the bullshit. I don’t want to go on dates. I have a hard enough time not turning them into intake sessions. 

Everyone I’ve ever fell for I saw from across a room and felt they were special. I’m just not drawn to the digital profile in the same way. I’d probably weed out all the people who are compatible in favor of those who take good pictures or know how to write well. Both of which I’d love in a partner but that’s not all.   

I find myself wanting to say, if you can’t handle a political conversation or one on religion, psychology or culture I’m out. If you love dogs and sports, or nationalism im out. If you can’t put up with someone who eats chicken nuggets and fries or Chinese for half his meals… if you don’t love humans! If you can’t see yourself traveling outside of a resort - but also I’m not a wilderness person. I love exploring cities and the things humans have made. I dunno.  I am better in person is what I’m trying to say, if you don’t find me endearing it will never work. 


No comments: